View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #173
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
My God !
being European and more so from a small country-Greece- these empty spaces make me dizzy... seems preparation is lifesaving.
Do you dare go out there on your own?
Jesus!
I want these tanks

I ride alone in the California desert and I always pack as if I will have to survive for two days even when motel planning, always bring warm enough clothes to sleep in or sleeping bag, cook stove food and water an artificial fire log, firearm for the packs of hungry coyotes that come out at night, , a man can walk 20 miles a day (3miles an hour) so I dont worry
On a recent trip to Death Valley off road , I ran out of daylight riding 250 miles of dirt, it was getting cold and I was geting low on gas , the gas stop I planned was a 2 hour detour from my planned motel destination, about 60miles of dirt road left to go, so I gambled on taking the major highway instead , saw lights 25 miles ahead as I went on reserve, turned out it was only a whore house and store, no gas. Thankfully I had a 1.5 gallon Kolpin can in my Wolfman packs and barely made it to the next gas on fumes,
Sure wish I had the big Aqualine tanks, KTM should have made them that size stock , could have fininshed the dirt ride at nite

Dustodust screwed with this post 08-16-2012 at 11:12 AM
Dustodust is online now   Reply With Quote