View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #34
Road Program
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper_Bob View Post
The difference is, the diner actually has the food in the fridge and all ready to be cooked.

I hate buying stuff at a local dealer...they never carry anything, so I have to drive down there...wait while the parts guy digs thru several catalogs looking for the part I want...then, they have to order it, and say they'll have it in a week or so, so that means a second trip to pick up the part.

Why should I have to go thru all that hassle, when I can do a 5 minute search of the internet, order the part online, and 3 days later its sitting on my front step.

Whether I purchased the tires at the shop or not, the point is, they had the chance to do some paying work (I did not expect them to mount the tires for free), and could have potentially earned a new customer.

Business must so good that they don't need any extra work.
No shit!!! What is it with dealers and that damn Parts 411 catalog? Motorcycles are a hobby for me, not my business. I shouldn't know where and how to get better parts and accessories than the dealer can, and get them faster and cheaper. One of the sales guys is selling a [used] set of tires on the local rider forum for $10 less ($350) than the price of a new set from several online retailers and is saying they are a $600 set of tires. $600?! From where? I should tell him I'll sell him all the sets of these tires he wants for $500.
Road Program is online now   Reply With Quote