View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #100
SpeedySteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Ride August 18, 2012

Meeting Time edited

Howdy Folks -

We are planning another bike on the big bike this weekend. Uncertain of the route details, I need to spend some time scouring Google Earth and plotting a routes. Tentatively, I think we will start the ride by hopping over Box Canyon from Madera Canyon to highway 83. Then, either spend the day exploring in the west side of the Whestone Mountains by entering the Las Cienegas NCA and maybe meandering down to the Mustangs. That, or will ride to Patagonia and explore the Patagonia Mountains via Harshaw, Duquense, and maybe going to the Lochiel area.

I will update with a more accurate route later tonight.

Ride Name: Southern Rambling
Date: Aug 18, 2012
Meeting time: 0730
Meeting location: Grant & i10 or Valencia & i19
Estimated Length of Ride: 0700-1700. ( We have a commitment in Tucson around 1700-1800, so no riding past dark this week :p! )
Difficulty: You can do it!

So, the GF and I heading out on the BMW GSA to conquer what we can. Hopefully the weather will hold out. All ride parameters are basically the same as my post for last weekends ride. Stopping for photos of awesome scenery, ADV bike photo ops, birds, other wildlife etc. I always plan to run the day on packaged food, and we typically find a sit down for a quick choke n puke sometime in the mid to late afternoon.

I will most likely load the GPS with all possible routes in the whestones and patagonias, and freely ramble until we want to get out!

Tag along if you're game for some gorgeous rambling!

Cheers

SpeedySteve screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 08:41 PM
SpeedySteve is offline   Reply With Quote