View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #27
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadride View Post
But in all fairness I might have to say an old problem has come back to haunt me. As the descent took me down to Estes park and then on towards Fort Collins, BG became, once again, stricken with the bad running syndrome.

After settling in, I ran over to the nearest station and filled up with (20% Ethanol, oh oh) and put some gas line antifreeze into it. This immediately corrected the situation. Either the big Italian Gal is very prone and susceptible to water or I'm getting fillups with water in them. Or both. You would think it would evaporate in this heat but, I guess, sitting in the bottom of the tank, it just can't get out?
Something about this just doesn't seem right. I'm pretty sure one of the hoses attached to the fuel tank is there to carry away any water that collects around the cap, and exits under the bike so the water runs on the ground. If that hose is pinched, blocked, or mis-routed (it only works on gravity so any upward bend is gonna get ya), it could be a problem. Are you certain that drain hose isn't the source of your troubles? You indicated you had the tank off to get to the connectors for the heated grips (which you don't have to do by the way....they are behind the left side cover) and have also rerouted the tank hoses at least once. What's the chance something still isn't right? I ask because others have had their Stelvios in gully washers and not reported any problem at all with poor running afterwards......

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote