View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #57
mikecbrxx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Waltersdorf, Bad Lauterberg & Home

A few photos to finish off the journey home.

Sonnebergbaude, a delightful old hotel in the small walking/skiing area of Waltersdorf, near Zittau, Germany. English is spoken by the owner and there is a garage for use by bikers. The food at this place is excellent and not expensive. They have a delicious hose speciality for desert. Go and try it.

View down the valley and the ski lift opposite the hotel.

My next stop was at Pension Roseneck in the town of Bad Lauterberg at the southern edge of the Harz mountains, Germany. My wife rode from home to meet me here and we planned to spend a couple of days doing a little riding and generally relaxing before returning to the real world.

Views from a hill overlooking the town.

This is the cafe at Torfhaus. Its a viewpoint and general stop that welcomes bikers. In fact, the whole areas is very popular with bikers of all nationalities. I can recommend the food here. Not cheap, but very filling.

We did the final 520kms to home (The Hague) together and, after checking my odo, found that the total distance covered since leaving the bonded area in Almaty, is 10,741. Not bad for 5 weeks.

Next, I have to review all the video, the routes and way-points and start to update OSM with some of it and try and piece some of the footage together into some sort of film. If it works out, I may post it on utube and will add a link in this thread.

If anyone wants any specific information about the places Ive been, feel free to ask. Either in the thread or via pm.

mikecbrxx screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 06:37 AM
mikecbrxx is online now   Reply With Quote