View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #57
Green Stainz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Having worked in dealerships, I'll give you an analogy: Suppose you walked into a diner with all of the fixin's for breakfast in a sack and asked them to cook your breakfast for you using them. Would you feel put out if they refused?

Like it or not, the shop usually covers the cost of opening the doors each day. It's up to sales to make a profit, and you bought over the internet instead of the dealer.

Now, there are independent places who will mount your tires for a fee. I have one nearby that charges 30 bucks if you bring the wheel to them, and it's cheaper if you buy the tire there.

Don't like the analogy. If you walked into my restaurant with your own food and wanted me to cook it, no problem. Do it in a heartbeat and depending on the day might even do it for free. I would have a new customer. And probably for life. As many people mentioned I will take new customers and revenue any day of the week. Times are tough and being creative in our economy is the one of many ways to be competitive
Green Stainz is offline   Reply With Quote