View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #67
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS WATH iM DOING FOR THE 2013 RACE ,IS A PM THE I ANSWE TO A INMATE HERE

The tour cost is around $3800 for the whole race incluid food ,chase vehicule carryng you stuff,full tool box. 8 o the 15 dinners be a extra cost because be in restaurants ,but the cost be really low ,maybe $20 per dinner max
the extra 10 days in the high country cost be the total cost o the diesel and food divide by the guys the stay and do it
we working in seing the bivouac the rest day in tucuman o the 1st day the rally stays in chile ,not sure yath because we maybe skid the race from day 5th to day 8th and stay in the high country with 2 days in antofagasta de la sierra,argentina and do a loop tru paso socompa and paso sico( the best part o the andes there )
the cost for go in on the bivouac is extra and is around $500, will no for sure soon i have al the arrenges made middle o september
for shipping we working with a inmate here and we not 100% sure iff we will ship to peru o chile.At this point chile is a better option and also easy for airfare tickets
us o today i have 3 americans and 1 spanish guy going.
I speak english,spanish and portuguese
deposit has to be made by sept 25th
iff we only are 8 riders we will stay in 5 bivouacs and the price o the tour be around $4500 + bivouac fee's .that is the only issue but we will save the extra cost on the 8 dinner because we will dinner in the bivouacs and stay with a uruguayan/french team.
other than that pretty easy, we will ride in very remote areas ,carry 1 sat phone with me and 1 in the chase truck.
50% o more be dirt
we recomende take a extra set o tires
6 tubes 3 rears 3 fronts
oil filter so we can do a oil change in the middle o the ride (most like it on the rest/laundry day)
and a water pump kit iff you ride a lc8 ktm
I will have a full clutch,brake pads and many parts for the lc8 bikes for sale iff needed

Thanks Javier

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is online now   Reply With Quote