View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #93
WaywardSon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,317
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
ok, i'll pick up some roadkill coming over the hill, we'll be needin' somethin' for the grill. if more than day-old, we can marinade it in Mountain Dew, add some Texas Pete. if i find something big, i'll call ahead, y'all can invite the neighbors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
that movie was filmed in Kentucky. God loves a state where the Division of Tourism promotes distillery tours.
And a damn fine tour it is too....wife and I did the Bourbon Trail a month or two ago. Took a leisurely 3 days and enjoyed it a lot. Woodford Reserve and Makers Mark were killer for sure. The surprise was Heaven Hill...not a name I normally associate with fine bourbon. Come to find out, they market over 60 brands (Rip Van Winkle being one of them I think). At the end of their tour you are served two bourbons....one of which was an 18 yr. old single barrel Evan Williams! A pleasant surprise that was. really. tasty. There are 6 official distilleries on the Bourbon Trail...all basically within the triangle formed by Louisville, Lexington and Elizabethtown. Lots of pretty horse country and old towns. It was a fun way to squander a couple of days...and the wife was happy. There is a lot to be said for bourbon and strange motel rooms