View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #209
DruncleWill
CRASH TESTED

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Defo not the Dakar bike, it may be unveiled in Morrocco mid Oct, but may not be until Jan, or even if it is, still not in the final racing set up

Testing is still refining what they have and Honda would certainly not run it in public until it was ready to do so.

But if you get yourself somewhere in CA or Nevada this week you may catch a glimpse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDG View Post
Nope.....Honda Brazil says Zanol and team will have a prototype bike with especial parts.......and will provide parts for stock bikes for the rider insterested in build a rally bike....
The bodywork on the Zanol bike is very different than what the Honda Europe team used this year, so that would go with the Honda Brazil prototype statement. I'm also looking at the rake, it looks to me to be a little more than the stock 450X 27.9*. But that could be my imagination, the way the forks are loaded in the photos, or even the fender
I'm just wondering if it could be the prototype frame.
And even though I am in California, the chances of a fat old guy on a worn out XR 400 getting anywhere near that crew are pretty slim
DruncleWill is offline   Reply With Quote