View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #42
epicxcrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Route 1 curved in and around the big pines that shaded us from the sun as we rose up towards the Redwood Highway. I really turned on the heat in this section, keeping the bike in 3rd and using the full range of the engine. The Heidinaus notably faster than the nobbies, Bernie and I quickly pulled ahead of Shawn in the miles of nicely banked corners.

Crap picture, sorry

Arriving at the intersection of Rt 1 and 101, I pulled up to a group of Harley riders in a dirt parking lot. Looking the part in full leathers and tattoos I expected a typical New England greeting of looking the other way and pretending I didn't exist since I wasn't on a cruiser... Was I wrong! These were Canadian Harley riders! Only too happy to chat for a bit and share stories of the road. They were from Just outside of Banff, headed to San Fran. We were coming from San Fran, headed to Banff. Small world. (I really have nothing against Harley guys :) We chatted for a while until Shawn showed up, then broke off to head North.

The day was getting on so we decided to look for a place to camp near Benbow or Garberville. The ride North was more relaxed now and quite enjoyable.

Note that the tree trunk is as tall as Bernie

epicxcrider screwed with this post 08-22-2012 at 01:58 PM
epicxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote