View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #68638
deathu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by motolab View Post
The previous poster was encouraging you to replace the jet needle as well as the emulsion tube (needle jet). To that I would add the slide guide and the slide, or else the emulsion tube won't last very long at all.

Regards,

Derek
Well, it seems that my slide guide is indeed worn out:

Now my question is, it seems that for some reason Suzuki does not offer the slide guide as a replacement part - at least I could not find it in the carb diagrams - so I presume it is not sold separately - am I right? In this case, I would order the slide guide from KTM if anybody can confirm that the slide guide used on the 640LC4 (2001-2003) that has a BST40 carb as well, fits on the Suzuki DR650 stock carburetor. I know that the slides are slightly different (the KTM one has two vent holes, while the Suzuki has a single vent hole), but are the slide guides identical?

Also, for some reason my cover has a small area where the sealing surface is not flat:

I guess the gap - not visible in this photo - is around 0.3 millimeters. Otherwise the cap does not seem warped. My question is, is there any issue to be expected if i flatten out the whole sealing surface? This means the total height of the cover will be reduced by up to 0.5mm in order to achieve a flat sealing surface. Should I try this, or is a brand new cap strictly required in my case?
deathu is offline   Reply With Quote