View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
senatorperkins OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Thanks, I will check the floats.. does anyone have float weights for 64/32/20 carbs? The Clymer doesn't have this figure, but the other carbs it has figures for are all 10g, except one has 13g.

I've had the jets and needles out, and the wear didn't appear to be significant, but I do have plans to replace them. Both the mechanic I took it to and I independently tuned the idle screws to 0.75 turns out. All O-rings are good. Diaphragms were okay last time I checked ~2000 miles ago.

You don't think the blackening of the plugs is due to excessive oil burning? Or they're dark due to choking on startup (neither of the photos I posted were from a proper plug read run). Oh, I should mention I've been getting 40mpg everywhere I go, with little variation.

I should also mention that the factory red paint on the inside of the tank seems to be coming off - every time I take off the carb bowls I can see some tiny red particles near the bottom of the bowl, but not a whole lot. They haven't caused overflow due to being stuck in the valve (yet).

What else.. valves sound okay. Airhead loud, but not overly loud. I did end-play and clearances 3k ago.

senatorperkins screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 03:15 PM
senatorperkins is offline   Reply With Quote