View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #96
Rabbot OP
rain+superbike=adventure

Oddometer: 549
Funny thing is we went to a lot of the same places. We were just a day apart. I believe it was possible to be in the same area at the same time. Surprised we did not run into you.

Our next morning after another night of rain and a leaky tent, we take Cottonwood Pass,

Past Taylor Reservoir, and down the Taylor river road to Hwy 135. Left turn and on to Gunnison for lunch. Roland knew of a bar in town. (of course he did). After lunch we headed off to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park where we would make camp on the south side.We stopped at the smallest Walmart in Colorado to stock up on beer. It began raining lightly Scott geared up.

We arrive and drop down a spectacular road with 16% grade to the bottom and our new camp. It took being in second gear most of the way down to not melt our brakes.

View from the bottom close to our camp.

We are greeted at our camp with a bear warning stapled to the table. (Great) Set up camp and headed up to the rim for some sunset shots.

Scott and I stop. I take this shot

and while he is taking this shot of the rainbow,

A bear runs across the road right behind him. That thing was hauling ass and neither of us got a picture off in time.
Take a better rainbow pic and move on

I was taking all these landscape and distance shots I decide to slow down and took a few like this.

Beauty was everywhere you looked. I was very inspiring, almost overwhelming.

Scott decided to head back down to camp, I guess his liver was growling. So Roland I continued on alone.

Started getting cold and were were not geared up just short's and t shirts. (Note; Hope the ATGATT Police don't get their panties all wadded up) So we headed back to camp. Truth be told, my liver was growling. I'm pretty sure I was an Alcoholic by this point in the trip.