View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #38
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 374
Anna pics from Flores
--------------

Just sorted through these so lets put them up before we get to far in to Timor.

Machinist in Labuan Bajo making some modifications to the top box cargo rack.
The vibration and swinging weight had finally cracked the mounts.

Heading out of Labuan Bajo

Our dive master dressed in his island standard long distance touring gear.

Stopping for a rest is impossible. Even in the countryside you'll quickly attract visitors and if you're thinking about a relaxing sit, cigarette, and crackers in a small village, forget about it! You'll be mobbed within 60 seconds. Lots of noise, lots of touching, everyone crowding in.
I understand it. This is a once in the lifetime event for these people. Never again will they see a big white pirate, his Russian babe, and their funny contraption. I'd be excited too. Hell, they may never even see a white man again.
Still, sometimes I would just like a rest with peace and quiet.

Stopping for a rest is impossible. Even in the countryside you'll quickly attract visitors and if you're thinking about a relaxing sit, cigarette, and crackers in a small village, forget about it! You'll be mobbed within 60 seconds. Lots of noise, lots of touching, everyone crowding in.
I understand it. This is a once in the lifetime event for these people. Never again will they see a big white pirate, his Russian babe, and their funny contraption. I'd be excited too. Hell, they may never even see a white man again.
Still, sometimes I would just like a rest with peace and quiet.

In Bajawa Anna found a puppy and threatened to kidnap it. I was afraid I was going to have to take the dog or leave Anna.

Vampires of Bajawa

Typical restaurant (Rumah Makan).

Rusted tin roofs. These became standard after Bali.

:)

Had some welding done here.
Colorful!

This sign says we are very definitely not getting the boat from Ende to Kupang.

Excellent!
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote