View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #19
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Back to the food.... (Man this is starting to sound more like an episode of man vs food than a ride report). It was time for a snack so we stopped at Tony's crab shack in Bandon. It's about a half mile off HWY 1, along a jetty/inlet.

Seems every time we stop somewhere we meet someone who comes over and asks us about our trip. I guess it's not every day you see 2 packed up ducati's with out of state plates. Not to mention that Stephanie's still has a florida tag. We met a really nice gentlemen in particular there at Tony's Crab Shack. He was an older guy, maybe 65 years old. He strode by on his bicycle and asked us about our trip and where we were headed. He rides a BMW GS1200 Adventure when he's not peddling around town on his schwinn. I can honestly say that we've met nothing but the nicest people on this trip. Especially here in Oregon. From the waitresses at the restaurants, like the one at the Redfish who is a student and who is family of the owners, to the guy that tried to fix the AC at the best western. Very nice people. We had this one truck with young guys wave us up in traffic and when I pulled up next to them the driver just looked down at the bike and said, "wow mam......that's.....wow....awesome.....that's so cool". Even funnier was the VW they were towing. Stephanie later told me she noticed it was actually running while on the trailer. I think they were on the way to some local races. Guess they were either warming it up or they were scared it wouldn't start again at the track.

We were close to Florence at this point and were headed straight there. We made one last stop at an overlook of the Bandon dunes area. Would love to go out there on dirt bikes someday:

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles

GP1152 screwed with this post 08-24-2012 at 02:38 AM
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote