View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #48
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Moving into the heat again

We Leave the mine behind and head into some absolutely gorgeous terrain.

This was some high speed fun on gravel. My kinda stuff... 90+ mph on real groomed roads. Complete throttle up rear wheel let go and reverse steer kinda stuff ya know. A treat and I soon passed the boys and left even the faint hint of trail behind for them. The little 250's were out matched in this section. There was no way I was holding back here. This left me waiting a bit and goofing with the camera for once.

They caught up eventually and I said let's set up some glammer shots here.

Now some god somewhere thought I was nice to a butterfly at some point in my life and decided to return the favor. As we are setting up some of the glammer shots around the corner comes a state trooper with a XR650 in the bed of his truck and stops. Prior to this I was hitting nearly 100mph on these roads. How I didn't run smack into this guy is beyond me. He stops and we talk for a bit about his bike and ours. He is heading up to help the other state trooper we passed about 40 miles back in the woods. 2 flat tires left him stranded and this guy says i'm on my way up to bring another tire for him. He then says why don't you guys go back around the corner there and I'll take some pics of you guys as you round the corner and come up the hill. Well, la de da! How frickin cool is that. HE ALSO SAID JUST DON"T EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT OF 35MPH! We said what about your buddy and he responds with, and I quote, "ahhhh he's probably asleep anyway." So that is how we got the shot of the 3 of us coming up the hill as a group. Super guy, and a real bike rider for sure. Wish my plate was government issued. Shit I wish my bike was supplied to me by the government for that matter. The XR he had was in worse shape than Jesses' old XR. That is saying something. Just a great cop though. And the fact he hadn't caught me screaming to the inside and completely sideways on the corners with his front bumper I'll never know. I have a tendency to forget that other traffic uses the road I'm on.

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500

asrvivor screwed with this post 08-24-2012 at 11:16 AM
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote