View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #166
TINK OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
No Progress This Week, Dang!

No real progress on the project this week.

Just more priming and wet sanding the side covers. I have about 4 coats of primer on now and it looks like I should be ready to paint the Satin Black top coat after the next round of primer and wet sanding. These side covers have been more work than I expected. When I did the carb covers on my Suzuki Bandit 1200/S it was a quick scuff sand and two coats of Satin Black and I was done. The BMW side covers are a type of fiberglass material that is very porus and has sucked up a lot of primer sealer.

I did dig trough my box-o-parts and started laying out the bits and pieces I've been buying over the past months.
One more trip to Irv Siever's BMW tonight for some washers and gaskets... will it ever end!?

Took half and hour to dig through the box and locate the two roll pins I bought for the lower triple trees that locate/vent the gator boots.
I hope to get the triple tree back on and the wiring back on the frame backbone this weekend.

I have everything for the front brakes except the master rebuild. If I can get the master rebuilt this weekend I can reassemble the front forks and brakes.

Stay tuned , the weekend is coming

TINK
TINK is offline   Reply With Quote