View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #65
jon_l
Southern Ontario

Oddometer: 2,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteiger View Post

So that brings me back to the DR. Originally I was thinking about getting something like a Super Sherpa 250 as my DS ride.

The big DR does fine around town and does ok on the trials but I keep thinking something lighter would be more enjoyable.

In two weeks the GF and I are heading up to Blue Ridge Motorcycle campground and then heading down to attend the Womens Sportbike Rally at Deals Gap. I will be on my DL650 and she will be on her Ninja 250. On our last ride in the Smoky Mountains I found this motorcycle rental place in Townsend, TN ( http://www.gsmmotorent.com/ ) and just so happens they have a WRR available for rent. Last night I reserved that bike for the Womens Sportbike Rally and I figure if I can hang with the ladies in the mountains with that little machine then I will pick one up and sell the DR.
Super Sherpa is a good bike; my wife has had one for a couple years now, coming off a Ninja 250, Ninja 500, and Bandit 600. Doesn't miss the power, loves the light weight and simplicity. Helps that she weighs 115 lbs. For me at 225 lbs the brakes and engine are lacking.

DR - I agree, does everything. If I could have only 1 bike, it would be on the short-list.

Renting the WRR is perfect for you; after a day in the mountains you'll know.

One idea you haven't mentioned to replace the KTM 450 and DR650 is another KTM. Have you thought about an EXC 350 or 500?

jon_l screwed with this post 08-26-2012 at 08:17 AM
jon_l is offline   Reply With Quote