View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #147
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
So it looks like you had a good trip and a nice introduction to Northern Baja. But, I have to ask, why didn't you go to the east side of Baja where the race will be running?? You may have seen a wee bit of race course in the Valle de Trinidad area, but it goes due east from there and then south through San Flippy, Gonzaga, Coco's etc. It is much, much different than the Pacific side where you were.
The big thing for this trip was just to see what Baja was all about. We did get to ride sand whoops, silt, babyheads, deep deep sand, and some hills. I think it was a great introduction to riding in Baja, gave us an eye opening view of the massive landscape, and diverse terrain we are going dealing with. I thought that I had a good idea what it would be like, but I was wrong!!!!

We are going to get back down for the pre run early so we can spend more time seeing everything and running our parts to get an idea of what we will be racing. I am sure that it will be nothing like the race after the TT's finish pre running, but it should help us out some.

John is 100% on the heat, it was 115 the first day at times and it was killing all of us. I think that if we would have went down the east side I don't think that we would have been able to ride as much and would be taking a chance on someone dropping someone due to heat. We did run into a few guys riding, it was their 2nd day and had lost two rider on the first day.

Brett
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote