View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #149
Dakar83 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Thanks for the offer R100LT, I look forward to getting the HPM down to the South West and riding some of those trails
Hi b0mb3r waiting is the hardest part.

Turns out the ebay KTM forks (WP50 extremes) came of of a 380exc not a 620 or 640LC4 consequently apart from needing new seals they need re springing and valving for a heavier load (....mostly the bike ). I spoke to the guys at Teknik suspension today and they say they should have them rebuilt by the end of this week. Then its back on the truck to travel across Oz to WA. Those forks will have done more mileage in the last month than the HPM!

In the interim I wasn't happy with the center stand, it had been copied from a copy fabricated from measurements and photo's, while it worked it was a mammoth task getting the bike onto and off the center stand. In the first 2 weeks when I had no side stand it was a royal PIA especially after a long ride when energy levels had been depleted and there was no easy option of a side stand! In fact my back was telling me in no uncertain terms it did not appreciate this set-up and something was going to go!

So I found a purpose built HPN C/Stand on SWT's site in Germany and it arrived 2 weeks ago. I figured by the time I had messed around getting the original C/stand right I would have spent more $ than getting a new one, and with no certainty of success.

So now I wait.....

HPM less I went for a ride in the hills on the DR, its still a good bike but I prefer the ergonomics of the HPM and definitely prefer the twin over the single mill!

waiting..waiting..Doh!
Dakar83 is offline   Reply With Quote