View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #30
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadride View Post
And, as for the heated grip wires, you are wrong. Those are wires for a TomTom GPS. My connectors were tucked way in there under the tank.
Then Luigi wired your bike different from the rest of us 'cause I've wired my GPS up using the TomTom wires (cut their plug and direct wired to my Garmin) and right next to that bundle are the 2 connectors for the heated grips. I know this because I accidentally cut one of those connectors off thinking it was for the GPS only to discover my mistake when I tested the voltage and figured out what I had done. Not a big deal though as I would have to cut the stock heated grip connectors off anyway when I install some Oxford Heaterz this fall.

Anyway, glad to hear you found the source of your poor running. YES! These bikes really need their first service done at 1k miles and don't skip the valve adjust 6500 miles after that (7500 miles total). My bike's TB's were quite a bit out of sync when I just had my first service done, and now it's running better than ever.

Ride safe!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote