View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #47
JimRidesThis OP
Local celebrity

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenno View Post
Steve is right about Honda specific, the left side main non-genuine bearing to the same dimensions as the 6308 Honda bearing may have a smaller diameter relief radius and will not seat right up against the crank cheek which would make it tight when the cases are assembled.
I ordered it and when it turned up the bearing guy highlighted it so I checked the crank radius and he was right but there may be different dimensions on other brands.
I ordered the Honda bearing which only cost $20 more and got here quicker, it was for my XR600 but I imagine the crank specs match for bearings.
I had to get genuine balancer bearings as well because they could not match them in the time frame I had to get to the ADV OCR rally but 2012 XRL bearings might be the same part.

Ken
Yeah, I think I'll be ordering genuine main and balance-shaft bearings. The balance shaft bearings are a different size to the ones Steve linked to though so there are differences between the XL's and XR's inside the 'cases. I'll order by part number anyway.

Cheers,

Jim

1995 R1100GS aka "Herr Flick" FOR SALE
1985 XL600R aka "Tamworth"
1992 TDM850 aka "The Motorcycle That Has Yet To Be Named" NEW
JimRidesThis is offline   Reply With Quote