Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #46
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
29 June 2012
--------------
Around Soe.

This is the "headhunter" village.

I thought headhunting meant there would be numerous skulls on display, shrunken and otherwise.
Actually it just means that they cut the heads off their dead enemies. Then they gave them as a gift to some regional king. Why? What did the king do with the heads? They don't know.

Behold the descendents of fierce warriors! Well, I guess the gimmick gets you in to the village and raises a little money.

The traditional huts don't have any ventilation so when a fire is going it's a little uh 'smoky' inside.
By a little I mean it's like sticking your head in the funnel of a steam ship.
Anna and I made about 10 seconds before we ran outside with our eyes burning.
These little huts are notably bad for their residents health but they still prefer them to the government provided modern houses.

The traditional huts don't have any ventilation so when a fire is going it's a little uh 'smoky' inside.
By a little I mean it's like sticking your head in the funnel of a steam ship.
Anna and I made about 10 seconds before we ran outside with our eyes burning.
These little huts are notably bad for their residents health but they still prefer them to the government provided modern houses.

The village

descendent

I feel super thankful that I wasn't born in to a rural village with a very dim future.
I'm serious. Be grateful for where you were born.

His mouth is red from chewing betel nut.
In the old days the soothsayer would use this location and stick to determine if now was the right time to go in to battle or if they should wait.
If you could get your arms around the stick the answer was yes,
But they always used the same stick and the same soothsayer so uhhhh.... But through divine intervention, the length of the stick (and the result) would change depending if conditions were favorable or not
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote