View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #22
GmanVic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Hello inmates. It's been a while since I've posted here so I thought I would scribble a mini-chapter before laying me down to sleep with Mrs
Gmanvic.

My GS is in my garage, tranny out and looking eerily like some creature bitten in half by a great white.

My RT sold last week so i have the $ to invest.

My used M97 is on its way from SLC, UT thanks to a super nice man who pays attention on ibmwr.org. (see a previous post in this thread). May even arrive this week!

I ordered a new clutch and all the fixins from A&S. I prefer to give my money to local business, but the clutch kit here in Canada was $800 and A&S was $530. Even factoring in shipping and exchange rates it made sense to import it. (I did give the local dealer the opportunity to counter that price but apparently BMW Canada doesn't have the same buying power as BMW USA so pays more for parts...really!?)

I have received and watched Ted's video on "how to lube splines on an r1100rt" which was very useful; I wish I had watched it before taking the bike apart. Regardless, it will make reassembly easier.

I have sone friends who have agreed to help. I am hoping I will be riding in 2 weeks. That may be tricky because I may be away next two weekends...but hey! goals are meant to push us right?!
GmanVic is offline   Reply With Quote