View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #33
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Filling in the gaps. Across Superior to Manitowoc had a lot of these places to stop at.

One of the biggest things I missed living on the west coast was eating good fresh water fish. Hope to get my fill while I am here.
The Guzzi dealer at Manitowoc turned out to be a Harley dealer who had cancelled their MG dealership a while back but they were able to do the tire for me. Ended up having to wait to take this guy

and opted for a 1 AM sailing as that would get me headed for Ontario at 7 in the morn. Apparently Manitowoc was well known for building subs for WW2 with this one on display

and plaques honouring the many others that left these waters for probably mainly the Pacific.

The sail across was calm and uneventful with the new day and clear skies greeting me.

I was able to hit Sarnia by noon and started working my way up towards Sauble Beach by the days end. Spent some great summers of my youth there and I just wanted to see how much it had changed.

Not much really except the prices for the same old crappy motels were off the wall. I kept going. Owen Sound provided me with good cheap accommodation for the night.
Two changes were very apparent to me.

A whole lotta these everywhere and a whole lot MORE of these everywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if these is an act in Parliament to change Ontario's name to Timtario.

Brother Mike was up at the cottage he built about a half mile upstream from the family cottage of my early childhood on the Severn River

So I ambled on up there. I really hadn't been in the area since I was 10 years old but it was amazing how those beried memories came flooding back.
Mike's cottage

And gettin reacquainted

Couple of days there and it was down to his place in Paris (not France, not Texas.) Till now.
Hope to head back to the cottage tomorrow (still gotta catch and eat some Bass) and then after Labour day, on to the east coast.