View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
norcalwelder OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Got the rest of my pictures uploaded!

I woke up on day 4 out in the desert near Blanding UT and let me tell you, sleeping under the stars and watching the sun come up was one of those feelings I'll try to remember for the rest of my life. Anyway, I packed up and headed on the county roads over towards Cortez CO. I love slowing it down and taking whatever rural roads I can find. With out a GPS it gets a little sketchy at times, but I still like it.

Got some maps in Cortez and got some Taco Bell. I took 141 North to Placerville.

Right after this (somewhere around Rico I think) I got a bee in my helmet which I'm sure was hilarious for the cars around me.

Telluride

Got gas in Ouray and was tempted by the pools and such there, but I didn't really want to part with 12 bucks and deal with the hassle of lugging my junk around so I moved on.

Hwy 550

Made it through Durango then out 160 towards Pagosa Springs where I camped for the night.

The next morning I rode down to Los Alamos to a friend's house for a shower and a bed, dodging rain the whole way.

This is my last picture as I left New Mexico heading for Dallas. Texas doesn't really have a huge amount of things to take pictures of, and I was riding in a 20 MPH right headwind, so I just wanted to get it over with. After 8 days and 2400 miles, I showed up at school ready for another semester!

norcalwelder screwed with this post 09-01-2012 at 12:15 PM
norcalwelder is offline   Reply With Quote