View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #32
tete OP
clown shoes

Oddometer: 348
Yes

This is exactly what I needed. I've been putting together a hit list of things I wanted to do. I think you just about covered it and then some. I'm starting to believe the PO actually filled it with fresh oil when he stored it. i will replace, fuel lines, inline filters, rebuild petcock, battery of course. The tank is surprisingly clean but will get a cleaning as well. all the proper end will get their attention in due time. I'm focused on making sure it can start/ run OK before I start dumping an extraordinary amount of money into it. Once I feel confident about that I will purchase tires etc.. plugs, rebuild kits, hoses and filters, oil can all be recouped in the event I have to part the bike out.

I'm pretty confident this bike was stored properly. There is ZERO rust. And the oil was fresh. I was told that storing bikes with fresh oil is the way to do it properly. The PO was a bike mechanic I found out. had a complete garage and such but worked on this and his .............harley..... might explain the chrome. You woul dhave thought he would have drained the gas tho

I guess we will see.
tete is offline   Reply With Quote