View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
BearII
No, it's not complicated

Oddometer: 225
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
I thought it most appropriate that my faithful 2007 R1200GS Adventure just rolled over the 100,000 mile mark while carrying the lovely Missus jdub and I on a great 5,124 mile trip through the western U.S. The event happened on beautiful U.S. Rt. 89 just past Bear Lake, shortly after crossing into Wyoming from Idaho. I'm getting used now to seeing six digits on the odometer! ....

This bike continues to prove itself as the best, most versatile motorcycle I've ever owned, and I'm already looking ahead to at least the 200,000 mile mark with it. While various issues on GSs/GSAs have been well documented on this forum, this bike has had zero issues with the final drive, driveshaft u-joints, ABS, etc. It just continues to take all of the road miles and the off-road usage (including drops) as well and as reliably as could be expected of any bike...
Fantastic! Congrats!! I have an 07 as well and love mine too. I'm thinking about trading mine soon. I don't have quite as many miles but reading your log brings back so many memories of the history with my baby. Unfortunately I did lose the final drive at 55,000 miles and the u-joints at 35,000 miles (I think that problem was dealer induced though). I had never heard of anyone else having to have the output seal replaced, I had to do that as well at about 25,000 miles.

I got a kick out of reading your tire history, been there, done that with just about all those tires too. I just replaced my K60's with 15,000 hard miles on them... and the suckers still weren't worn out.

I'm running the Sargent seat too, no problems with mine. I've done full tank runs with it, just stand on the pegs and stretch now and then and keep rolling, made it 380 miles once on that seat before deciding to finally take a break and refill.

That said, I love this bike and am looking forward to the next one!

Keep riding, you've got a wonderful bike there!!!

'13 BMW R1200GS ADV (triple black) - it doesn't get any better... just had to get another one!, '07 BMW R1200GS ADV - sold after 73,000 wonderful miles together
'13 Ford Raptor SVT - wow, what a truck!

BearII screwed with this post 08-29-2012 at 11:52 AM
BearII is offline   Reply With Quote