View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #92
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,870
It was an other great Big Bear ride. Close to home, great weather, better trails and best people around.

Here is my RR:
Night Riders met at McDonald's, 138 & 15. We were 7 in total but Dave and Andy rode Gleghorn to 138 and left early to go back home. Cleghorn was in it's worst shape since I first rode it almost 2 years ago. Very very sandy especially going up from 15.
Here is Joel with his new LED's. These LED's are a must for night rides.

Dave following Andy on Cleghorn climb.

Jon has same LED's on his SE. They do help a lot.

As I said earlier, my point & shoot camera doesn't work well at night. Sorry for the low quality pictures.
Here is an other one of Dave and Andy. Andy's GSA had plenty of light as well. :shock:

We had dinner at Neo's Pizza House in Running Springs. Great pizza. I'll definitely go back.

We made it to the camp around 10:30pm. Rich had the fire going and had a cooler full of beer, hot dogs, etc. We had some chit chat around the camp fire and went to bed after midnight. Weather was perfect. I didn't even put on my fleece nor rainfly for the tent.

Saturday morning we were up by 8 and ready to ride by 9am. By this time Eric and Duy were already at the camp and ready to roll

Duy and his Barbie

As we were pulling out of the camp, Rich and his son Rick were playing games.

Group shot in Big Bear. Notice Tom's salute. ;)

We were done with north of lake and cross the town to the south side, back of Big Bear. We were following Joel's tracks and we all know what happens when we do that, right... We get lost.... :lol:

Big bikes

After couple detours and some exploration we made it to Azteca for lunch. But we were way ahead of schedule. We were supposed to be there at 1:00pm but we made it by 11:30am. Jon was hungry, that's why. :lol:

About an hour later street riders showed up. Caty, Jim, Chris, his friend (sorry cant recall the name) and Rich with his son.

Thanks Rich for organizing this ride for us.

More to come...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote