View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #30
RedRockRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,153
Hey Admiral -- Nice job with the map! I make a color copy of the Benchmark page, highlight the route, then take a pic and add to the ride report. Kind of low tech, but fairly easy and works well. Really places things in context. Plus, if any inmates are really interested in a similar ride it is very easy to grab Benchmark and have a very good start.

If I'm in a new area I often take just the photocopy page from Benchmark with me. Much easier than taking the whole book.

Really enjoyed your pics from this ride. My favorite:

Riding direct from the house has its benefits -- all riding time, no trailer, etc. But taking the bike via truck/trailer definitely increases the range. So far, I've done very little trailering. May have to do a bit . . . we'll see.

A bit surprised to see the reservoir so low. I thought Idaho and parts north had a better snow winter than Utah and the southern Rockies. I guess it's dry everywhere. Even without your text I thought the boat ramp was an airstrip, perhaps for some guy's private cabin. Fly in from Hollywood . . .

As always, nice ride report!

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote