View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #401
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
You bastard! It's 1:30am and I've got to be up early tomorrow morning. I had planned to get to bed two hours ago... But your story really sucked me in!

If you come through northeast Pennsylvania, I'll buy you a beer and show you some local roads to ride... and if you turn out not to be a complete weirdo, I've got a spare bedroom as well. Seriously though, if you're gonna be coming through, post up on here or pm me.

Having done a couple trips on sportbikes (though my SV650S is no Ducati, as far as ergos are concerned), I love that you're touring on a sport bike... and not just any sportbike, but a finicky Italian bitch! Kudos.

Your writing style is fantastic. I know it has already been said before, but it really does remind me of 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.' However, I found that he went a bit too far with his philosophical ramblings and didn't concentrate enough on the ride. I think you have done a far superior job to Mr. Pirsig (and no offense to him) in this regard. I love the philosophical input... But I'd much rather read a ride report with some philosophy thrown in than a philosophy lecture with some ride report thrown in. Excellent work. Seriously.
I'm freezing in a basement. It's 2:21am. And though I think I'm finally done editing my last post, with broiled eyes and a neck that keeps cracking due to, err, some past trauma and an ergonomic position over my laptop far worse than anything Ducati could conceive of, you have to go on and post a reply that makes me feel it's all worthwhile?

:)

AntiHero screwed with this post 09-01-2012 at 11:28 PM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote