View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #53
steveb126 OP
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 1,008
After lunch continued on my unplanned day trip of back roads. Okay it wasn't really totally unplanned studying my atlas while dining I decided to head for Rich Mtn and west of 33 for some back road Monongahela Forest ADV'ing. Rode more gravel than ever on this day, but probably less than 100 miles. After riding through Gandy Creek area and past Laurel Campground I came to a T and this empty logging truck came barreling down the road and skidded to stop in front of me. Driver jumped out looking rather agitated and asked me if I had seen any logging going on, no I didn't. He mumbled about being sent out with no directions. So of course I asked him for directions back out to 28, sent me out in front of him. We traveled quite a ways and he didn't tailgate me but it urged me to pick up my pace a little. Seen a sign for the Laurel Overlook which was just a wide spot in the road, so I stopped for some water and let him and the dust go on down the road. Much of this area had been freshly graded so it was rather soft in spots. Back out to pavement.

Ran hard up 28>33 and took a back road that runs parallel to 33/28 the next valley over. Little 2 lane blacktop that came back out onto 33 couple miles above Seneca.

225 mile day of quality not quantity.

steveb126 screwed with this post 09-02-2012 at 05:59 AM
steveb126 is offline   Reply With Quote