View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #55
steveb126 OP
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 997
August 31

Broke camp and stopped at Macksville Mart for fuel, ice and another sammich to go. Heading N on 33 came upon a driver having a bad day. Flipped his truck coming down Allegheny Mountain.

33>250 in Elkins, stopped at ball field across from the new high school they're building north of Caruso,WV and talked with a landscaper who let me know about Sally Ridge and Roberts Ridge roads over into Moundsville. Crossed the big river and took round about CR and Twnshp roads into Barnsville. N on 800 and then 250 from Dennison on home.
305 hot miles.

Last winter I decided that I'd do a camping trip a month so far since April I've been lucky enough to make it happen. Didn't think I was going to get one in for August. Funds, obligations, life seemed to be setting up obstacles. I keep seeing & hearing things like "you'll only regret the things you didn't do at the end of your road". I'm still sucking air and haven't reached the end of my road yet, but as riding season closes in this fall I may need some visa/master card sponsor stickers for my bikes.

steveb126 screwed with this post 09-02-2012 at 01:00 PM
steveb126 is offline   Reply With Quote