View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #38
sevenpointsixtwo
Newb Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 197
I'd like to announce that Tom's DRZ-E Adventure Rack has been (un)officially Trans-Labrador Highway tested and (very much) approved! It stood up to the Great Canadian Washboard without complaint, and handled an impressive load of gear, spares, food, tools, and fuel. It's certainly due for a re-spray as parts of it have been worn shiny, but everything else held up beautifully under some pretty abusive conditions.

The top rack mounting loops were perfect for the Twisted Throttle Dryspec system, and the side racks worked well to support some Motopak panniers. I would have liked to splurge on some Wolfman bags; maybe next trip! I will definitely have to invest in a Rotopax setup as well to make full use of Tom's awesome rack.

Tom was super helpful in listening to my feedback on issues with mounting the rack and incredibly responsive with advice, including how to fix my damaged subframe (that JB Weld is pretty awesome stuff!)

Thanks again! Look for a full RR coming in the near future with more details from the trip.

In Fermont, QC after the "mini-trail" section in the rain:

1998 Tiger 900
2000 DRZ400E
sevenpointsixtwo is offline   Reply With Quote