View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #22
Sir. Waffles OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Maine Weekend

So after moving to a new apartment and a lot of work on the Tiger I finally am getting back out on the road. With a complete service for the most part and my work to clean out any carbon buildup, shes running better than ever. Local rides have been pretty basic as I'm still trying to find my around but they have lead me to some interesting finds. Like this poor fellow, whos kind I had never seen in person or in the wild (Dead or Alive), so I had to stop and take a look.

The images really don't do it justice, it was really good size. The feet were about the size of a playing card or more. I originally thought it was a VERY large raccoon then a maybe a small bear (I don't know what I was thinking there) and not until I was on top of it did I realize it was a porcupine.

Back to my most recent trip. I decided to head to Maine for the labor day weekend and ride up the coast to the border. Things didn't go according to my loose set of plans. I found an antique cycle and air show along the way to Owls Head light. Also ran into traffic on route from others out for the log weekend, poor planning on my part. Weather ended up cutting my trip short and I ended up riding a downpour for most of my trip home, so no pictures that day.

Two Lights

Portland Head Light

Don't know what happen to this mansion but it looked like it was quite the place.

The plaque provides a good example.

Wandering further down the road.........

Sir. Waffles screwed with this post 09-03-2012 at 09:17 AM
Sir. Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote