View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
KTMER OP
On roads less travelled

Oddometer: 294
Like most trips lots of planning can go into them from where to go to where to stay, part of the fun of going on trips is the research and learning the areas and I like doing it. So naturally when the trip is approaching the last thing we want is for someone to miss out and not go. Well almost happened to me. Due to a number of strained muscles from a few weeks of activity (that really weren't too sore), while at work the Monday before departure, I sneezed. Well holy hell I just about hit the floor , the sneeze wrenched my back enough to pinch my sciatic nerve, almost instantly my right foot started to tingle and leg hurt like a bugger and could hardly stand or keep a straight face. A first in lifetime trip to chiropractor showed my back looking like this. And red isn't good. I have never experienced pain like this before

I told the other guys that day that I may have to opt out and not go, but wasn't giving up hope yet. I saw the chiropractor three more times that week to adjust my spine and stretch muscles, on top of that advil and ice. Walking for more that 50 feet put me in a world of hurt. I've never packed my bags while lying on the floor next to them, luckily the bike didn't need too much work.
Come Friday afternoon I managed to get the bike loaded and figured if I could swing my leg over I would go, wasn't really a 'swing' but I got on. Luckily sitting on the bike was good, it was the standing that was the problem for now. Saturday morning after a hit of advil (the first of many), off I went, I could always bail later I thought.
Thats my story of almost missing out.

KTMER screwed with this post 09-03-2012 at 02:00 PM
KTMER is offline   Reply With Quote