View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #47
cookymonsta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoF5 View Post
From the front it is actually difficult to notice the 30mm shorter screen. The 30mm reduction will affect the taller person obviously more than a shorter person, but to be honest I don't believe much more than about 15%.
The idea of the shorter screen is for the shorter guys, as I designed the std one with taller guys in mind. Bearing in mind, airflow will vary from person to person and there is no perfect scenario from one person to the next some may experience belter benefit than others. The screen as you can see retains the std KTM screen width, making little difference on the air passing on the sides, which is rather nice as it has the tendency to keep your shoulders cool, but helps tremendously removing the buffeting from a helmet with a peak i.e. the Arai XD in my case. I tested as mentioned at 60,80, 100, 120, 160 kp/h and I could at 160kp/h lft my head almost vertically and not have it ripped off.
Hope this helps
Keen to order , however when you say you tested . Was that with standard height? And how tall are you?
cookymonsta is offline   Reply With Quote