View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #31
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
Thumb

Packing up the next morning, I cannot help but notice the torn stitching on my new saddlebags. This will need attention soon.

A forty mile detour right in the heart of the northern Minnesota boonies, all good.

Any water spot with a secluded place to park is worth a stop in my book.

This is Iron Range country, fabulous northern sticks riding.

After studying the map, I knew this road may be good.

I ride north through Ely Minnesota, the doorway to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, commonly known in these parts as BWCA, one of the wildest wilderness areas in the United States.

Iím close to the International Border with Canada now where Heidi and four of our good friends and neighbors will be.

All Right! let the party begin.

It got noting but raunchy after this shot so thatís the only photo I will show. We are so lucky to have such fun friends.

We have a pontoon for the next three days for exploring, swimming and fishing this huge lake on the International Border, Rainey Lake, nothing but fun.

The weather is ideal for the ride home.

A stop in at my favorite bugger joint, listed in Americas top 150 burger joints, the Anchor Bar and Grill, Superior Wisconsin.

The End:

I hope you enjoyed this little ride report. I think it proved that you donít need a ton of free time to do a good adventure ride. And it proves that Iím not that different after all, because who wouldnít like this type of a motorcycle ride. ??

www.JustAdventureTravel.net
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote