View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #38
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpointsixtwo View Post
I'd like to announce that Tom's DRZ-E Adventure Rack has been (un)officially Trans-Labrador Highway tested and (very much) approved! It stood up to the Great Canadian Washboard without complaint, and handled an impressive load of gear, spares, food, tools, and fuel. It's certainly due for a re-spray as parts of it have been worn shiny, but everything else held up beautifully under some pretty abusive conditions.

The top rack mounting loops were perfect for the Twisted Throttle Dryspec system, and the side racks worked well to support some Motopak panniers. I would have liked to splurge on some Wolfman bags; maybe next trip! I will definitely have to invest in a Rotopax setup as well to make full use of Tom's awesome rack.

Tom was super helpful in listening to my feedback on issues with mounting the rack and incredibly responsive with advice, including how to fix my damaged subframe (that JB Weld is pretty awesome stuff!)

Thanks again! Look for a full RR coming in the near future with more details from the trip.

In Fermont, QC after the "mini-trail" section in the rain:
Seven,

Thanks for posting on your experience with the racks! I'm glad to hear that all went well, and the racks were up to the task. You had her loaded up pretty good and I like those Twisted Throttle bags you have on there too. The washboard riding must have been a PIA, but at least the DRZ has the suspension to make that a little more tolerable. Kudos to you for doing such a long remote ride on a DRZ-E!! I don't think I've read about anyone else doing that.

I'm glad the JB quick sub-frame fix got you through the trip! I can't wait to read the ride report. It was my pleasure to help you, so let me know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks, Tom

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote