View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #294
brocktoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Small /6 Tank in Schwarz/Weiss for $275 shipped in CONUS. Good condition with a few small pebble dents along the top and left just outside the pinstripes, pictured.

Paint and pinstripe appear to be original and are still shiny, and the roundels look really good. The inside looks clean with some normal flaking of the BMW liner. The tank came off a bike that was running well.

Each picture below links to a full-sized image for more detail.

Big fin exhaust clamps for $45/pair or $25/each shipped in CONUS.

Quote:
I purchased a new, unused Brown's side stand for my R75/7 from a forum member-- it was as he advertised.

Unfortunately, I failed to notice it works with a stock dual exhaust setup, and I have a 2 into 1 setup, so it is not compatible (unless some one brighter than me has a simpler fix than a new exhaust setup).
Crap! That's a bummer. Here's a possible fix from Snowbum's website:

Quote:
The best side-stand Snowbum ever used was one he modified for an RT. It was a Brown that was modified so the horizontal metal piece bolted to BOTH the front and rear motor mounts (studs changed to longer, see hardware article and below in this article too). No clamp was over the exhaust header pipe. For safety purposes, there was a pair of added pegs that allowed an additional spring to be used (not that I ever heard of a Brown spring failing).
brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote