View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost1 View Post
New crf 250l owner here, as well as new Advrider member, and first time ever rider...ever. Now have 17 total lifetime miles under my belt. Took it out on the open road and was brave enough to hit 50 mph. I have to work on shifting, and w/o a tach wasnt sure what gear to be in. Anyway, have no idea as to how to comment on the bike because I have no basis of comparison. However, at my present weight of #240 lb I'm questioning whether this 250 will haul my butt up hills w/o slowing traffic. Coworkers convinced me to start small.

Question, I opted for the 5 year total Honda warranty, and I could cancel for full refund, it is quite pricy. Do members typically go with the extended Honda warranty or just the factory 1 year and "self insure"?

Thanks
Lot's of firsts there , congrats on the new bike! I would imagine the bike will get you up the hills if you're in the correct gear for the situation, depends on the grade you're attempting. You have about 75 lbs on me so maybe someone else can comment but I've had no issues in that respect.

Extended warranties are a personal financial decision. They're not something I'm interested in. I go with the default factory one year. They are a profit center no doubt and I can see some who may benefit by paying up front. The thing is you may go five years and never need to use it. You could take the cost of that extended warranty and stash it away as a rainy day fund if peace of mind is something youre looking for.

joec63 screwed with this post 09-04-2012 at 04:53 PM
joec63 is offline   Reply With Quote