View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost1 View Post
New crf 250l owner here, as well as new Advrider member, and first time ever rider...ever. Now have 17 total lifetime miles under my belt. Took it out on the open road and was brave enough to hit 50 mph. I have to work on shifting, and w/o a tach wasnt sure what gear to be in. Anyway, have no idea as to how to comment on the bike because I have no basis of comparison. However, at my present weight of #240 lb I'm questioning whether this 250 will haul my butt up hills w/o slowing traffic. Coworkers convinced me to start small.

Question, I opted for the 5 year total Honda warranty, and I could cancel for full refund, it is quite pricy. Do members typically go with the extended Honda warranty or just the factory 1 year and "self insure"?

Thanks
Congrats on the new bike. Your coworkers are wise. You will go from small to big, then back to small. I've never had anything over a 650. I'm not a big fan of extended warranties. Like another poster said. Get your money back and save it for a rainy day. With a service manual, you can do some stuff yourself, if you like that sort of thing. I'll have a go at some stuff, but if I feel it's over my head. I take it in, but NOT to the dealer. There are a couple of independent shops in my town that know what they're about. I hope it's different in your town. Good luck.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote