View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
KTMER OP
On roads less travelled

Oddometer: 294
Day two the plan was to ride into the Satellite Observatory in Algonquin park, then on to Deep River for our next three nights.

Stocking up on supplies in Barry's Bay (and always checking phones when we had signal)

After Barry's Bay we got into the more interesting riding, starting with nice sandy roads, weather was great again

What I thought was a higher speed gravel route turned into this, much more fun than gravel but also slower going and we had a lot of ground to cover. By this time we were a couple hours behind where we thought we would be

Eventually making it to our lunch stop in Pembroke around 2pm

By the time we finished lunch we were much later in the day than planned so decided to head straight for Deep River as it was still a long ride away and come back to the Satellite Observatory the following day rather than rush through the route. The way I laid out the trip the route was easily adjusted to what we want to do.

We travelled along Barron Canyon Road along the eastern edge of Algonquin which is a great road

Only to come to this

Working off older gps software I didn't even realize Canadian Forces Base Petawawa was on the other side of the trench

Gary had that look a few times over the trip

So that involved some backtracking and zipped up the highway to Deep River to camp

Had a little more fun towards the Deep River end

KTMER is offline   Reply With Quote