View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Dual-Sport-Noob OP
SoCal 650

Oddometer: 15
Maybe the 3N16 from Dump Access Road to 3N14 to Fawnskin

The Big Bear Trail Riders breakfast meeting is from 9am to 10am at Nottingham's at 40797 Lakeview Drive in Big Bear Lake, right on the corner of Lakeview and Bartlett, near The Village.

After breakfast I'm thinking that I'd like to ride the 3N16 trail from East to West starting at the dump (http://goo.gl/maps/6J5i3) and then turn South at 3N14 coming out at Fawnskin. I'm bringing a couple GPS devices to try and teach myself how to navigate using them.

I was up in this area last month and it looked nice - lots of trees and not too many mountain bikes to run into.

Last month I tried to make it to the Holcomb Valley camp ground going North up 3N69 from the Baldwin Lake area but got stopped at some "rock stairs" about a mile or so up. A couple KTM 450s passed me and made it up but I couldn't make it with my 80/20 street tires after 20 minutes of trying so I had to go back down and then reached Holcomb Valley via 3N09 and then went East on 3N16 and out at the dump.

I went home (Lake Elsinore) that evening via the 38 which I had never been down before. It was beautiful in the rain.
Dual-Sport-Noob is offline   Reply With Quote