This new Nine Ninety thread-venture...
View Single Post
09-05-2012, 03:18 PM
ex halligan hooligan
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Off-Rhode Island
The original high fender solution I wanted to use did not work as I had hoped. The brake lines seemed to be more stressed than I liked and the clearance was too close for my comfort. I picked up some longer fender mounting bolts and an assortment of nylon bushings and set to work.
I used 1/2" tall nylon bushes with an 1/4" ID for both the forward and back pairs of fender mounting bolts. I added the bushing kit that I purchased with the parts list to the back mounts to give the proper angle for the fender to clear the radiators.
I also cut the two vertical posts off the fender to help clear the T line mount for the front bakelines.
For the shock protectors I used a piece of aluminum stock bent at a right angle to create a jig to line up the holes I needed to add to the protectors. After lining it up with the original fender I marked and drilled one new 1/4 hole on each protector and snipped material from the rearward bolt mount on the protectors to make room for the bolt I will need.
2-1/4" lengths of 3/4", 1/8" aluminum stock were cut and a hole drilled in one end of both. Once lined up two 1/8" rivet holes were drilled in the stock and the protectors.
The brake line holders were adjusted and fastened.
MotorBikeArtist.com motorcycle drawings
Turf & Surf: NE-NB 2011
View Public Profile
Visit RhodeHazard's homepage!
Find More Posts by RhodeHazard