View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #83
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 686
Stealth II

I have been thinking about how I can make my Stealth fairing better. I considered customer and fellow ADV rider feedback and looked at the newer bike light designs (see below), DOT requirements etc. and came to the following conclusion:

What is working on Stealth I:
A bikini triple-mounted fairing does the job fine, even at high speed - who needs a full-bathing suit - (I should add pictures and you compare )
My "wind-splitting" stealth design works and it is sturdy as a result of my triangle concept
The fairing forward design is the way to go for safety and that cool rally bike look
My attachment method is sturdy and simple, the flange bolts are bullet-proof - I crashed twice HARD and I just straightened the aluminium
The dash area is awesome for electronics, it transforms a bike

What should I add to Stealth II:
Overall make the fairing a little bit shorter and more compact
Make it slightly lighter
Make the lip at the top longer so if someone wants to trim it down they still have the lip for wind deflection
OEM lighting is coming along + LED OEM bulb plug in replacements are now available - why go non-DOT and spend 100's $
Make a fairing that accomodate the new OEM lighting shapes (notice the V at the bottom of the lights below)
Make the bottom section a bit narrower to accomodate more oversize tanks
Provide a larger/ flatter, more flexible area (lower down) to accomodate the LARGE enduro lights and to easily surface mount non-OEM
Location perfect for a "NACA" like vent to reduce high-pressure build-up at the front of the fairing

I still like messing with this concept!!

The Starting Point:

New OEM Dual-Sport / Enduro Light Shapes - in no particular order

aiMhi screwed with this post 09-06-2012 at 05:12 AM
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote