View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #253
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,389
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
Wouldn't this also make a little more sense strategically than debuting the bikes at Morocco? If I remember correctly, Coma and Despres will contest Morocco and not Egypt so this would mean that HRC could roll out the bikes at a big event but not have the added pressure of having KTM on their backs the whole time. There's only a two week difference between the races, so Egypt does not buy them that much more time to make adjustments than Morocco.

Thoughts?
If you consider the logistics that Marrocco is a short ferry ride from Spain, that they have tested there this year so know the route, which is a drive from the Dutch home, whereas Egypt is a true shipping destination with some risk and the team will still have secret development bikes that knowbody has even yet seen an image of, other than the HRC team, so they will need them back immediately, then I know where my money is.

Morrocco will be interesting as yes the best will be there, but the HRC Dakar 450 will still be work in progress, so this is little more than an R&D test under race conditions

How many HRC bikes and riders they will have on show though will be one of the hot topics!

Think you will see a press release soon

too old screwed with this post 09-05-2012 at 08:05 PM Reason: Crap spelling !
too old is offline   Reply With Quote