View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #88
alcanrider
alcanrider

Oddometer: 113
Proud of you!

It takes a lot of courage to get out there and ride like you have, and you are doing what you love to do. Please let me tell you a couple other things. I have been riding for over 30 years and have owned every kind of motorcycle you can think of at one time or another, including 4 street and trail or dual sport bikes. I have ridden those over boulder sized rocks in the Rocky Mountains, over passes that would make even most seasoned riders cringe. Trust me I am no expert though! I fell a few times, and got right back up because that is what you have to do sometimes to see the most beautiful places. Take a few risks every now and then. Furthermore, I grew up without a Father (no slam against you women mechanics out there, a lot of you are very awesome mechanics) and consequently I have never learned to change a flat tire or had anybody to take the time to teach me. Can you believe that? After all the hundreds of thousands of miles I have put on bikes, I have never even had a flat! I finally decided to ask somebody to help me, and thanks to youtube, I have seen a few changed now, so when I go out next year I will be ready. I will still keep my fingers crossed, so I won't get a flat though. Bottom line is, don't think badly of yourself just because you might be a little mechanically "declined", so to speak like I am. lol
I am so proud that you have the courage to go out and have some fun. I am the same exact way when it comes to riding. We are like modern Jebediah Smiths or any of the other great explorers of the past. That sense of adventure lives in us all, you can say that about just about everybody on this site! Thanks for the ride report.
alcanrider is offline   Reply With Quote