View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #120
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,642
Currently working on getting a spare set of wheels. I've located and purchased a rear wheel from Germany. There were three available, but only two were worth consideration. One had a very nice looking brake surface but appeared to have a slight grove, another was a little rusty and looked questionable. Then there was this one.

The brake surface had been sanded some, but no apparent groves in photo. The drum currently on the bike is worn, and most likely excessively.

Plus I needed a front hub from a R100GS. I figured finding a hub only would prove difficult. Placed a few want adds and called around, found three, an individual ($150), Recycle ($206) and Woody's Wheel Works ($350 refurbished). I purchased the one from the individual, but it will need to be bead blasted then laced to a tube type Excel rim. Just like what was done before by Woody's Wheel Works. One BAD ASS WHEEL. This is what it will look like.

Since I have the GS front, and wanted to run a tube type rim, more mentioned on that in earlier post on this thread. It will be nice to have a two sets of wheels with road tires and off road tires!! No problems pulling the rotor off the front wheel with the wheel change. Reason not to run different rotors is so the brakes won't need to bead in. Not an option w/ the rear wheel set up though.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 09-06-2012 at 04:28 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote