View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #427
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Time for the 7500 Mile / 12K Km Service.

There were two dealers 'in' Toronto....meaning both were about an hour outside of Toronto. Hit up GP Motorsports in Whitby and had a great experience, despite the horrific traffic (I just can't live happily without being able to lanesplit). I was expecting to be overcharged for the service--you're kind of at the dealers mercy if you want to maintain your warranty. Cars or bikes, it doesn't matter--out of the 10-20 line items of what they perform, most require about 3-5 seconds (check fork seals, inspect brake fluid level, etc.). Helps a dealer justify $1500, but anyone who's ever worked on a piece of equipment knows that it's just a glorified oil change. Fortunately GP Bikes sees it that way, too....and $258 was far less than I expected. They also did all of the recall updates--a couple which I'd already done (spacer for the button head brake res screw that is 3mm too long, swingarm bolt, etc.). Seeing as though my dealer (Newport Beach Ducati) didn't contact me about the most serious issue (exup cable sheath laced with grated magnesium) I thought my bike wasn't affected....but it was. Ahem, Newport Beach Ducati....might want to get on that before someone burns to death!

Anyhow....great shop, awesome showrooms (KTM, Ducati, Triumph). No need for any more servicing for 7500 more miles, but I'll probably change the oil in another 3-4k.

AntiHero screwed with this post 09-06-2012 at 07:46 PM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote